SHARPGIST.COMBring you Current Top ten richest footballer
Current Top ten richest footballer
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid: N6.8bn (£18m) a-year: There was always only going to be one winner here…Ronaldo or Messi but the Portuguese, who recently won Euro 2016
comes out on top.
Ronaldo’s astronomical N129,340,500 (£345,000) a-week wage packet sees him come out on top as the highest-paid footballer in the world.
2. Lionel Messi – Barcelona: N6.4bn (£17m) a-year: This had to be the second name on this list. The man generally regarded as the greatest ever has won everything bar a senior national team title.
That wouldn’t matter much especially when you earn (£330,000) a-week.
3. Hulk – Shanghai SIPG: N6.2bn (£16.5m) a-year: Though he is not the comic book Hulk, Brazilian striker Hulk earns a mouth watering N118,843,300 (£317,000) a week in China’s most populous city.
He joined his new club in June after leaving Zenit st. Petersburg.
4. Neymar – Barcelona: N5.6bn (£15m) a-year: The young prince of football right now is Neymar and he has shown overtime at Barcelona that he should be earning much which is why he does.
The Brazilian takes home N108,721,000 (£290,000) a-week for tricks, goals and a stunning partnership with Messi and Luis Suarez.
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Manchester United: N5bn (£13m) a-year: Based on talent alone, Zlatan deserves a place on this list despite being 34 years old.
The Swede has won league titles in all countries he has played in and whether he would do it in England with Manchester United is another thing.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic signs for Man Utd
The striker left PSG – where he was one of the highest paid players in the world – to sign for United who now pay him N93,725,000 (£250,000) a-week.
6. Graziano Pelle – Shandong Luneng: N4.7bn (£12.5m) a-year: The Euro 2016 star left Southampton in early July and signed for the Chinese club.
He raised eyebrows given he now earns N97,474,000 (£260,000) a-week to become one of the highest paid footballers in the world.
7. Thomas Muller – Bayern Munich: N4.3 bn (£11.5m) a-year: Muller is a curious case because you cannot exactly pinpoint a particular part of his game that stands out. He seems to have it all, pace, shot, positioning, dribbling ability.
The German who can be rightly tagged Germany and Bayern Munich’s best player earns a mouth watering N82,478,000 (£220,000) a-week
8. Ezequiel Lavezzi – Hebai China Fortune: N4bn (£10.5m) a-year: The Argentine who has lost three finals in three years with his country left PSG for China in January.
The winger cum supporting striker earns a cool £200,000-a-week. Funny he left his former club for Hebei for a mere N1.8bn (£4.7m) transfer fee.
9. Jackson Martinez – Guangzhou: About N4bn (£10m) a-year: Does the money run dry in China? No apparently as Martinez cool N74,980,000 (£192,000) a-week contract.
Martinez has bagged three goals and two assists in 10 games so far for Guangzhou who he joined in January from Atletico Madrid.
10. Thiago Silva – Paris-Saint Germain: N3.6bn (£9.5m) a-year: The Brazilian is probably the best defender in the world alongside the likes of Gerard Pique, Diego Godin and Sergio Ramos.
PSG captain Thiago Silva
The former AC Milan defender earns N68,231,800 (£182,000) a-week as captain of PSG.
127 total views, 0 views today